Saturday, July 30, 2016

Cars&Coffee LaJolla, Nissan Design, Secret Car Club...

I woke up early to get to the Cars&Coffee event held in LaJolla.  They were hosting a Brexit themed show so I thought it would be appropriate to bring the Nomad to this event.  I had not been to this C&C LaJolla yet and my friend Dieter from HG Motorsport, who organizes the event, said he would reserve a spot for me in the restaurant!  I was not sure what to expect.  

I got on the road at 5am to get there to secure this coveted spot.  I was not disappointed!  We placed the car inside the outdoor seating area and it proved to be a sweet location.  Our Nomad brochures were snatched up quickly.  The Nomad is perfect for LaJolla and I can definitely see it becoming popular here.

For the trip down, I put in earbuds to listen to some music.  They were great as they masked the noise of an open car with fat treads.  I layered up to beat the 55-60deg F weather. The front radiator also delivers some hot air into the cabin that helps keep your warm.  Again the windshield is great and the headlights light up the way.  The roof mounted lights are exceptionally bright but of course for off-road use only.

Inside, front and center

cool crowd and cool cars

the rocks were begging us

on my way to the SCC
After C&C La Jolla, I met my friend Julien for a quick tour of the Nissan Design office in SanDiego.  Another friend Erik met us there and we checked out a very special car that was on display - it was small, light and sporty.  Julien and several of his colleagues are Rogue Collective and producing great automotive artwork - including pieces that we are selling: HERE.  

I parked the car onto some rocks in their parking lot so Erik could take some pix.  He also managed to get some rolling shots of the Nomad on our way to the Secret Car Club event in Rancho Santa Fe.  

 I always bring my bucket hat for any trip in an open car.  This was a requirement for me, along with gloves and a long sleeve shirt and pants.  My skin is no match for the brutal CA summer sun...which confuses most people when they see me - even Leno was wondering what was up with my get-up during his Drakan test drive.  I'm really looking forward to that Nomad bikini top.  Skin cancer is not on my wish list...but more miles on the Nomad, well that is very high on my list!




I parked the Nomad in my garage at home and it fit perfectly.  It really is quite small, taking no more room than a compact sedan or crossover.

No comments:

Post a Comment