Thursday, August 11, 2016

Bikini Roof!

The severe CA sun will cook you mercilessly in a Nomad.  I keep my trusty bucket hat in the car for any trips taken during the day.  The good folks at TMI knew that some UV protection was in order so they contacted their Atom seat cover manufacturer.  They came up with a simple but very functional solution.  I've tested it and can vouch for its effectiveness.  
CA sun has no mercy!
Note the top does not cover the outside tubes - allowing you to get a grip for ingress/egress

The cover is fairly easy to install.  They use a very novel way to attach it at the front and use nylon straps with buckets at the rear.  It attaches with no permanent modifications - something I like.

Since the sun still peaks in the sides and through the windshield, I'm not ready to give up my hat...but this top is an absolute must have! for anyone living with massive UV!

No comments:

Post a Comment